Tuesday, December 4, 2007

few days of rest

Ryan:
Resting up after some serious work on "NeverChanger". It's always good to give a song some time to sit. It's the only way you can truly be critical of your own material. Still can't wait to see what Ulrich has in store for it. We'll most likely move on to a new track soon to breathe new life into our progress, and to get some new inspirations in the mix.

Before, on "Avoiding the Consequences" we ran strong and hard, with stiff deadlines and relentless mixing and recording schedules. This time we're letting it grow organically without pushing too hard or too fast. Thus why we are running later than we initially planned. It's a new approach for me, and I'm doing the best I can to let it happen this way. I think every album should have it's own approach. I'm really starting to believe that you have to mix things up to truly give life to something new. We'll see what we give birth to this time around. . . .

No comments: