Friday, June 13, 2008

hypermode

Ryan:
Today was quite a roller coaster ride, so I figured why not finish it off with some recording of a new track titled "hypermode" that we've been working on for the past two weeks. It's for sure been a good release out of my mind to sit down and concentrate on the music again, and by far the best way to separate myself from all the biz bullshit. Seriously sometimes wish it could go back to the simple days of just writing, playing and having a good time. Tomorrow we play at the Westword Music Showcase, and I have my fingers tightly crossed that more people come out than what I'm used to seeing here in Denver. It's demoralizing to put on the performance of a lifetime to a crowd of 10 standing there looking at you like they're really watching a tv on the wall right behind you. The West coast is where I would call home as at least people go crazy for music without having to push them to get into it with free booze, chicks and cover songs. I'll put on my happy hat, and think positively, and maybe that will work in getting out some people who watch music for reasons other than to be "seen". I'm tired of the music fashion rut of the scene. Do people even like music for music anymore?

No comments: